View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: is money the only factor or not?

Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
I think people are confusing quality with consistency when they say Nahkla is a quality a product.

My thoughts:

Each brand has hit and miss flavors. Nahkla seems very popular because it is the most consistent brand that people can pack and smoke right away. However to me, its selection of flavors leaves something to be desired.

Its great that they have a "if its not broken, don't fix it" attitute, but I would not call them innovative/interesting enough to buy thier products all the time. I'd rather have some duds mixed in with some really great smokes, than have something thats mediocre all the time. I continue to buy only what interests me, but I can understand people's decision not to buy anything but Nahkla if they have been frightened into thinking that buying anything else is "gambling".
sadly, save a few flavors with AF, if you had AF before they changed anything now is gambling. epic is like playing roulette with 6 rounds in a revolver, SB is just too candy like and chemical to be a common purchase for many smokes (i only really like 3 flavors from them myself) pharoahs is good but not always unique...and it has been a miss a few times...tangiers noir...well im sorry, regardless of what eric thinks of his own product, its not as pleasant as his lucid line, sure the flavor feels stronger but the tobacco body seems like you're lighting a philly w/ a bic lighter sometimes.

one of the great reasons people are attracted to nakhla is yes, it is consistent.

But not consistently crappy, it smokes well. its easy to set up. it doesnt require hours of airing out with each purchase, it doesnt leak juice everywhere, its a solid tobacco. and yes, there are many flavors that arent pleasant that nakhla makes, i have noticed though, that most of those flavors are horrible with pretty much every other brand.

im not saying nakhla is the best tobacco out there, but on the mainstream market, if its not in the top 5 theres something wrong with your scale...find me 5 main stream brands that really deserve to be above it and you will have me shocked.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner