View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: is money the only factor or not?

Full disclosure, I've never tried Starbuzz. I read enough on here (even prior to becoming a member) that helped me make an informed decision and save my money. What I'm finding, as I experiment with different brands and flavors, is that I don't care for the gimmicky flavors as much as the more natural ones. If SB cost less I may be more inclined to try it, but I don't want to be out over $10 and end up with a shisha in my stash that will pretty much end up being wasted. I'm still kicking myself in the rear over that HF Ambrosia.

While cost is a consideration, since we're a one-income family, I would be inclined to pay more for a brand that offers quality shisha with natural flavors than I would be to spend less on a brand that offers mostly novelty flavors.

But this is coming from someone who is still very new to hookah. I'm sure over time my tastes and preferences will change, and I'm not saying I'll never buy a SB flavor or smoke another flavor with lots of artifical flavors with a cheeky name; however, I find myself liking the less expensive, good 'ol standby's better than the ones with catchy names and witty descriptions.