View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: is money the only factor or not?

Money isn't as much a factor as the other aspects of tobacco for me.
Consistency is one thing that I like the most about Nakhla. If I enjoy a flavor and smoke it until there is a goey, tobacco less oblivion at the bottom of my mason jar, I can go out and buy another 250 and expect the flavor to be very similar to the previous batch I enjoyed so much.
Secondly I enjoy the qualities of Nakhla more than the glycerin tanks out there. I enjoy the unwashed tobacco because it has a more robust flavor and undertones than a heavily washed tobacco. I appreciate the cut of Nakhla because it is very simple to pack and doesnt require special bowls or techniques, and still smokes pleasantly. I cant smoke a bowl of Nakhla (excluding Mizo) for more than one set of coals which is perfect. After an hour of smoking, I'm ready to either pack up the bowl and call it, or load another flavor. Sure it doesn't last like Starbuzz would, but I dont need a Starbuzz marathon. Nakhla feels cost effective for what it is, with the way that SB is, I feel like I am wasting what I paid a premium for.
Returning to the topic, the price. For Nakhla I get a smokable and very enjoyable tobacco at a great price. If I paid SB premiums for every Nakhla flavor I have, I would be out an additional $400+ dollars for something that as I have said I feel isn't as cost effective. Even if Starbuzz was able to deliver a CHEAP, consistent, unwashed tobacco, I don't smoke Starbuzz wants me to smoke. I enjoy Nakhla because it smokes like I smoke.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)