View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Re: Shisha tastes like menthol when I'm certain it's not supposed to

I've tried a bunch of different brands. Romman is pretty much always too strong with comparably weak clouds (although the Almond was pretty good). Starbuzz is good, but from what I can tell it never really tastes like what it's supposed to. Al Waha was just bad; I think I got mango flavor or something. Fumari was way too sweet and didn't last very long, plus their fancy packaging leaks and is a pain to empty into another container. Fusion was good, especially the mint chocolate, but I can't seem to find them in 50g sampler packs so I'm apprehensive about spending $20 on a shot in the dark. Al Fakher was pretty good. Tangiers, well, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Layalina on the other hand is generally mild and from the dozen or so flavors I've tried from them, at least 2/3 tasted roughly like what was advertised and at least half of them were produced an enjoyable cloud and taste.

I know that it's hit or miss with pretty much every brand. It's just that I've already spent six months sampling different flavors and I'm starting to figure out what I like and don't like. I thought I really liked the Layalina Double Apple, but if the menthol flavor is supposed to be there, then it turns out I hate it. But, since I've smoked it before without that flavor, I thought it might have something to do with the way I was packing it or smoking it or something.

Maybe I'll call Hookah-Shisha and see if I can get them to send me a 50g pack for comparison.