View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Hookah Enthusiast
Default Re: How Much Times A Week Does Everyone Smoke Hookah. & Favourite Flavour :

Originally Posted by x 0hookah0 x View Post
Woahh, Isnt It Bad For You To Do That Much? It Does Contain Nicotene And Tar Etc, Do U Think Your Addicted To It? :P
Most of the time smoking a hookah isnt generally bad for you. It is still a drug...tobacco. but the principles on which a hookah is properly smoke create a more pleasant and extremely less aggressive smoke.

Tar is prduced when tobacco is burned at temperatures of over 500*F. Most hookah bowls (again properly used) will not spike past 450*F even when someone is pulling air through the coals and therefor heating them moreso.

Another overlooked factor of smoking Hookah is that the smoke is cooled down. Meaning it doesnt destroy your avioli and throat tissues on contact like say cigarettes. Granted this causes a more dense smoke that does condense faster inside your lungs leaving more nicotine than a general cigarette.

Hookah tobacco or Shisha mainly consists of nothing more than tobacco, veggie glycerin, and flavoring extract. all but the tobacco burn off safely causing no chemical exhaustion. Compared to most cigarettes and other tobacco this means no 400+ chemicals and of those this incudes arsnic, which is not found in shisha.

last but not least: nicotine. Yes hookah tobacco and smoking hookah will generally deliver more nicotine to your body than say a cig. but you have to look at it in context. 1 hour long hookah session might have the same nicotine content of 5+ cigs. but then a cig. smoker will mainly chain more than 5 cigs. a day. and those 5 cigs not only are comparitive to the nicotine content but take into account the other aspects I have listed above and you will see how hookah smoking may still be a drug usuage and have negative effects of the body...but there are worst things ppl can do for their kicks/fix.
"I don't want to swim the ocean, I don't want to fight the tide. I don't want to swim forever! When it is cold, I'd like to die."