View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: are there hookahs better then KMs ?

I've been getting into espresso and it took me a while to realize. It had nothing to do with the machine and everything to do with the beans and grinder! .. also mixed with how the barista makes the espresso (pack technique, etc)

With that said .. you can make a good smoke out of most hookahs. For my stamp of approval, I would stick to Egyptian and Syrian. After that it all comes down to the tobacco, packing technique, holes in the foil and heat management.

I can make my Temsah smoke just as well as my Khalil Mamoon. I use to have two smal Egyptian hookahs, and I could make them smoke very well! A lot better than my MYA QT.

The thing about the Temsahs .. I have seen 3 of them .. and two of them had broken welds. I am going to re-weld .. but I wish I didn't have to! It is the chance you take .. may get a good one, may not? Even my KM has a lean to it .. but it doesn't take away from it's performance.

I am rambling ..

Egyptian or Syrian .. any brand! Get what you can afford.
__________________ - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon .. powered by Elites!