Thread: Hookah VS Cigs
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Hookah VS Cigs

the ministry of health in egypt was started to talk a lot about the ill effects of shesha smoke before i left the country 2 years back because so many young people were smoking.

i smoked cigarettes for 12 years. i quit 8 years ago. i absolutely LOVED smoking when i was a smoker, but i was not so ignorant as to believe that it was not damaging my health. i knew each cigarette was bad, but i made a choice to do it anyways.

when i was living in egypt i probably averaged 1 shesha session every week. now i have a baby so i am probably smoking once a month on average these days. you inhale so much more smoke in each hookah session then you would with a cigarette, which clearly is not good for you. you also inhale tons of carbon monoxide, among other things.

i don't smoke often, so i don't think about it too much. just like drinking - moderation is the key. if you smoke shesha everyday, or several times a day, it is safe to assume you are damaging your health. i'm sure someone will post a report saying otherwise, but there were many reports that came out in the last 10 years saying global warming was a myth, which anyone credible in the scientific community now acknowledges is real.