Thread: Hookah VS Cigs
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Hookah VS Cigs

Originally Posted by bracque View Post
the ministry of health in egypt was started to talk a lot about the ill effects of shesha smoke before i left the country 2 years back because so many young people were smoking.

i smoked cigarettes for 12 years. i quit 8 years ago. i absolutely LOVED smoking when i was a smoker, but i was not so ignorant as to believe that it was not damaging my health. i knew each cigarette was bad, but i made a choice to do it anyways.

when i was living in egypt i probably averaged 1 shesha session every week. now i have a baby so i am probably smoking once a month on average these days. you inhale so much more smoke in each hookah session then you would with a cigarette, which clearly is not good for you. you also inhale tons of carbon monoxide, among other things.

i don't smoke often, so i don't think about it too much. just like drinking - moderation is the key. if you smoke shesha everyday, or several times a day, it is safe to assume you are damaging your health. i'm sure someone will post a report saying otherwise, but there were many reports that came out in the last 10 years saying global warming was a myth, which anyone credible in the scientific community now acknowledges is real.
actually a lot of scientists still think its a myth and now there is some proof that global warming was just a load bull****... Now back to shisha it is NOT the Volume of smoke but the quality of the smoke!!

Its whats inside the smoke.... what chemicals exist in there... smoking itself wont cause cancer its the chemical a e.g bla bla that will cause it...

Research from the past (before the WHO report) showed that because you don't heat the tobacco at cigarette temperatures the chemicals simply don't get formed or the carcinogens that are in shisha smoke are simply reduced.

The scientific reports you see today compare smoke volumes and ignore famous scientists research from the past. It was once said if you could lower the temperature that you burn a cigarette at (500 degrees below) the cancer causing agents would reduce... ofcourse its impossible to lower the temp... plus if they did it woudn't satisfy the nicotine craving that cigs smokers feel (reason why you dont suffer shisha withdrawal symtoms your not chemically addicted but mentally).

And yes the ministry of health in egypt talked about the "ill effects" of shisha smoking as the American world health organisation warned them with a report full of errors...

Check this website

I believe even though I have no proof the worst thing about hookah smoking is the charcoal... thats what causes the most harm... I remember a research done that showed the carbon monoxide (or co2 I cnt remember) inhaled stayed for a maximum of 4 hours in your body... there was also a research that hasn't yet been released that claimed shisha charcoal carbon dioxide is the most harmful of all types in the world.... if there was a way to eliminate the charcoal (it would change a lot of things in the effects from shisha)

and dont get me wrong I think the scientist from that website in his critique of the WHO report... he explained how shisha doesnt burn but just heat and the health effects would be different.. they replied Agreeing (which obviously they lied in there report then) but then saying that the charcoal was harmful, which made hookah worse than cigs and it was shown in there research! But the weirdest thing was there has not been one single research on the health effects from the shisha charcoal (natural, semi lights) even on there research theres nothing

Last edited by AmNite; October 20th, 2009 at 06:51 AM.