Thread: Hookah VS Cigs
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Hookah VS Cigs

Originally Posted by Sui View Post
I must disagree on you with a few of your points.

With a hookah you are not in any way inhaling: Ash (It is quite impossible to do so, being that the smoke is pulled through water which would surely hold down any particle matter of anything that happens to fall through the stem)

Tar: If a person is properly using a hookah pipe there will be NO tar generated. It is simply impossible. Tar is created when tobacco burns in temps at or above 500 degrees F. No hookah can burn higher than 450, again properly used. This includes the temperature that is created and increased when someone is taking a draw.

Colors and flavors (inluding Honey/molasses/ veggie glycerin): None of the components in this category product anything harmful to our bodies. All of them burn cleanly into either vapors or into chemical compounds more related to sugars and safely absorbed through our lungs.

I must agree that hookah is not "good" for you, nor is it an acceptable substitution for cig smoking.

But also keep in mind the physics.

Cigs/cigars Both burn at temperatures in excess of 550 degrees F, and can reach temperatures of above 700 degrees when someone takes a pull. Those temperatures destroy bodily tissues on contact in addiction to the additives in the product (most effected: throat/vocal cords/ avioli) Smoking a hookah ,generally again if used properly) GREATLY decreases the risk of developing forms of respitory complications.

Only 2 components of a properly used hookah cause ill effects on our bodies.

-Carbon monoxide.

But being something that many people enjoy I would say that the way onto which we pump ourselves with nicotine is the key factor, not if tobacco in itself is bad for us...because we all already know it is.
I agree with you... no matter what I prefer shisha over cigarettes... you get a fruity taste (unlike with cigs taste of burning tobacco), flavoured thick smoke (unlike harsh smoke from cigs), a nice relaxation feeling and also shisha does not leave you smelling like cigs!

Last edited by AmNite; October 20th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.