Thread: Nakhla Question
View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Nakhla Question

So I recently decided to try Nakhla after reading about how much everyone (or almost everyone) on hookahpro loves it. I had a bit of a problem getting it to produce a good amount of smoke without getting harsh, and I'm not sure about how wet nakhla normally is but the batch I got seems to be really dry. I know it's supposed to be a really easy tobacco to get to smoke well and I have no problem getting starbuzz, AF, Romman, or layalina to smoke well so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I tried adjusting my normal setup in a few different ways. I normally use a layer of heavy duty foil with 2 or 3 natural coals and just take one off if it starts getting too hot, but I couldn't seem to find a happy medium with the nakhla. It either had really good taste with little smoke or a lot of smoke but very harsh (burning). I tried packing it tighter and looser, using more and less coals (anywhere between 1-3), using an extra layer of foil and even making a foil ring between two layers so the coals wouldn't be as close to the tobacco. Nothing I did seemed to work, so any help would be great. Thanks all in advance for any suggestions.