View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Give me the run down on Tangiers.

Originally Posted by abzy786 View Post
Can tangiers noir be smoked out a standered edyptian bowl and how do i ackimate it
Sure it can. How do you think it was smoked before Eric made the phunnel bowl?

Actually, the reason why Tangiers is cut the way it is and why it's less dense is originally to make it smoke better/more consistent using a traditional bowl.

Originally Posted by Sui View Post
Yes, but be prepared to clean your hookah very well afterwards.
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
you can but liek above it will wreck hell on the cleaning job, tang in all lines are a very wet shisha and your ganna be pulling all of it though your stem, so get some hot water and a good brush out, and do not let the hookah sit unused after doing this. may be a good idea to change water after the session aswell.
Actually I find cleaning up residual juice from Tangiers to be much easier because the glycerine & oils keep dry particulates from caking/sticking to internal surfaces. Many times it just requires running warm/hot water through and little to no scrubbing.

Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
I only smoke tangiers. I go through about 2 kilos a month of it. I love the stuff. I never tried lucid and don't want to. I don't get buzzed off it anymore which is a shame but it still calms me down. Which is needed otherwise I'd flip out on my gf much more than I already do. lol Either way if your interested the best flavor I have ever had from tangiers is lemon. It smells and tastes just like lemonheads. lol The grapes are good, and by grapes i mean grape and white grape, also the cherries (cherry machiato, kashmir cherry) are extremely strong, I think cherry machiato is the strongest stuff tangiers has. I've talked to Eric (Owner and creator of Tangiers) and he has told me that not all of his tobacco is created equal and that cherry machiato has a little bit higher NIC count then most others. So if you want something to floor you... if you can handle it... get cherry machiato. lol
Cherry machiato? Do you mean Maraschino Cherry?

All Noir is made using the same tobacco blend. All Lucid is made using the same washed tobacco blend. Eric does not use nicotine additives for specific flavors. Flavors may smoke differently and affect nicotine curves (acclimation can do the same) but the amount of nicotine in the tobacco is the same.

Maraschino Cherry is one of the strongest of Tangiers in terms of flavor. Are you sure you did not misunderstand what he said?