Thread: Very VERY Gross
View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mende's Avatar
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hometown: Severin,Romania| Living in Manchester, UK
Posts: 168
Send a message via Yahoo to Mende
Default Re: Very VERY Gross

I agree but as a guy that knows his metals I must add a couple of things. NEVER soak ure stuf in vinegar! it is acid! I used it to get rust of old blacksmithing tools. Also - brass and copper rust green - so it wasn;t filth - it was brass corrosion which is not that bad. . .brass will always have a film of corrosion on it that seals its surface and prevents further decay. Also the steel used to make stems can be thin so you dont want acid holes in it.

All you have to do to clean the hell out of your stem is brush it - soak it in piping hot water containing baking soda and dish soap - brush and repeat till you can look thru it and see a shiny surface.

NEVER use second hand hoses!
Reply With Quote