View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: why does tangiers from the retailers cost so much more

Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
No, the vendors deserve profit. Im not saying that they dont. I would buy and continue to buy tangiers from any vendor that would be willing to cut his or her profits down to $1.50 a 250g bag for mass orders (over 3 kilos) for the convienience of fast and reliable ordering (eric is extremely slow at returning phone calls) Its fair for them and myself for a mass order. I mean thats 18 bucks of profit for 15 min of work to put 3 kilos of tobacco in a box and put a shipping address on it. Thats a lot of money for the little bit of time involved. And it works out for both of us.
You do realize they probably spend more than that on shipping to their own stores in the first place, right?

Just speaking generally, it does not benefit them to make such huge discounts for people buying large amounts. It benefits you but the amount they move in a certain period of time is not what matters. It's the profit. If you are selling 3 kilos of tobacco and only making around 10 dollars worth of profit after initial shipping it's just silly. And that is not even factoring in costs of business like web site costs, advertising and everything else it takes to run your own business. Then there are employees if you are not running the entire business on your own.