View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Tangiers Trouble

Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
Dee, posted a video on how to pck tangiers in an egyptian bowl. You might want to check that out as well.
Yes, I did! Be aware it is not the easiest thing to master, in fact I still manage to screw it up now and then. Usually, if I'm getting a tickle it means one of two things, either too much heat or if the tickle just won't stop it means the pack was too loose. The difficult thing is figuring out how "tight" to pack the tobacco. I like to think of it this way, you don't want to "smash" the tobacco into the bowl, you want to kind of "push the tobacco together". It really is something you have to teach yourself. To be honest, heat management and packing of Tangiers is a bit easier with a phunnel bowl.
As was pointed out here, and in my video, using a standard bowl with Tangiers WILL make a mess of the hookah! The juice will run out onto the tray when you pull off the bowl, the stem will be coated and the water will be polluted.
As BIGPOPPA mentioned, check Kalutika's video on packing a phunnel, it's how I do it and it works! ChronikHookah (John) has a series of videos showing Eric (of Tangiers) using his method..
See me on YouTube!