View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2009, 12:20 AM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune
Default Getting new base, how do I size?

So, I broke my base a while back: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15927

Finally have the extra moneh's to get a new one, but I don't know which to get and how to size it correctly. I found a few that are the right shape or a similar shape that I like, but I'm not sure how you make sure they're going to fit.

A (measured) pic of my KM trimetal downstem and current grommet is attached, and I'm trying to figure out which of these bases would work better.

How do I make sure that my stem will fit the new base? And how would I go about sizing a grommet if need be?

(images are linked)

It is 11 inches tall and 5 inches wide at the base. The diameter of the opening is approximately 1 3/4 inches.
(I'm pretty sure that this is the same as the large of the next variety.)

The Small Genie base will fit our Egyptian Nile Hookah. It measures 8 inches in height and the diameter of the opening is 1.37 inches.

The Medium Genie base will fit out Sphinx, Pharaoh, and King Tut Egyptian hookahs. It measures 10 inches in height and the diameter of the opening is 1.7 inches.

The Large Genie base is made for our Sphinx, Pharaoh, and King Tut Egyptian hookahs. It measures 11 inches in height and the diameter of the opening is 1.7 inches.

Small Vase: Diameter of glass opening: 1.50 inches
Height: 9 inches
This type of Glass Vase fits Hookahs that are up to 23" in height
Medium Vase: Diameter of glass opening: 1.75 inches
Height: 10.5 inches
This type of Glass Vase fits Hookahs that are between 26" and 28" in height
Large Vase:
Diameter of glass opening: 1.98 inches
Height: 10.75 inches
This type of Glass Vase fits Hookahs that are between 31" and 33" in height

Typically fits 30" hookahs.
[LIST][*] Height: 10.2 inches[*] Width: 5.5 inches[*] Weight: 2.6 lbs[/LIST]