View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: Ghosting... What actually causes it?

Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Bear in mind that ghosting is not always a terrible smell. Ghosting is the essence of flavors that you smoke sticking to the materials of the hookah (often the hose) and remaining noticeable for a long time.

What kind of flavor and smell are you talking about? Is it a flavor from a tobacco or is it a musty and stagnant smell?
--- in the entire system was eeewww def. not a good smell... like its beginning to get me sick when i smoke... just the smell alone makes me not want to hit it.

I do think the house is majority of the problem, but the fact that the stem and base are still bad after cleaning... smells like an ashtry. wet ashtray that you just spilled on yourself or in your car... if that makes any sense.

EDIT: When i get home, i will be arriving to a brand new KM and i didnt wnat to use 3 kinds coals on it if that was adding to this problem of mine...

I don't really know what hoses to get for the mya and the KM... i would like them to be affordable so i can buy maybe 3-4 of them for different flavors... basically keep a hose for a flavor i smoke almost daily...

Last edited by Mfoehrkolb; November 17th, 2009 at 12:52 PM.