View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: Ghosting... What actually causes it?

It's not as bad as i make it sound lol.

I cleaned it and all the worse part was the base... It had like calcium build up for where i put the water at. I just rubbed it away with my finger. The hose all in all is what i dislike as of now.

When we first got it, we weren't rotating the coals, we were packing it wrong, just doing everything wrong all together. Every single bowl was burnt without recognition and was only good for the first 10 min.

I now did my research and did my wrench time. Much better now with heat management and packing the bowl properly to get a good smoke. Just think the lack of cleaning and lots of bad smoke going thru it, it just ghosted it pretty badly.

It has been getting better, very slightly very slowly... Maybe ill soak this thing in bleach and put it thru the dishwasher with some AJAX and all that other good stuff.

I was thinking about replacing the hose with a DIY and reuse the tips for the project...

As for the new hose... a washable one. What do the majority of people use? I don't think this would be a bad thing to jump onto the bandwagon with.