View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Old, very old, School Nakhla

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
A TV show about narghile stuff would be great but i'm not exactly photogenic as a result of not having about half a face. Still, I'd love to check out a TV where someone goes around seeing the tobacco sites of the Middle East. It's easier to get to the sort of things I do in part because Arabs, Persians Turks and the people of Goa are very friendly to foreigners and I always have a professional translator with me which is sorta a must.

I should tell you guys that about 90% of the time I spend traveling is pretty boring. Basically just sitting around talking about production schedules, plant engineering and mundane political crap.

A few thoughts.

Traveling is exciting to me regardless of the purpose. Exploration is amazing and I am sad to think that there are places that I will never visit. From grand cities to arid deserts, I want to see it all.

One of my deepest wishes is the ability to speak any language. Language is sadly a very strong barrier. Happily there will always be people who are happy to work together and make a connection.

Scars are the punctuation on the stories of our lives. But I understand. Trust me, I do.