View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:23 AM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: did my shisha ferment?

Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Molasses can actually ferment quite readily. If the water content gets higher than like 17% it will start to ferment if wild yeast takes hold.

Dee, acclimation in the actual definition means to reach a balance with some outside influence. When you heat something it's becoming acclimated to the increased temperature and when you remove the heat source it acclimates to the ambient air.

What I meant was that the molasses absorbed moisture from the air because it was a more humid environment that it had once been in. This would cause a change in the consistency of the liquid. More water mean "wetter" and less sticky.
Yes, I understand. My theory was that when I sealed mine in the container, the humidity and ambient temperature were very different from what it is now. The temp and humidity have been all over the map here the past couple weeks, so I figured the bad smell was just do to the fact that it needed to re-acclimate. But again, after many hours exposed to the current conditions the smell is still there, a little less maybe but still. Also, the other tobaccos that came in at the same time haven't shown the same symptoms, so it must be something else..bad batch maybe I don't know.
See me on YouTube!

Last edited by Dee; November 21st, 2009 at 01:25 AM.