View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife
Default Re: Vendor wants creditcard and passport picture?

Hey all,

Firstly, let me say that we require all international and suspicious orders to verify ID. This is a safety precaution to protect ourselves from being scammed and our customers from becoming victims of identity fraud. Most websites do this, even large ones like Amazon, and others.

Second, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify what is. We have gone through many changes in the last year, most notably how we offer products. We used to inventory and warehouse everything, but this is an inefficient model in the hookah business if you want to offer a wide selection so we switched to a remote-warehouse (or dropship) model. Unlike most dropshippers that only offer Sahara Smoke or Social Smoke products (which are the two most common dropship providers) we offer products from many vendors, most notably Hookah Company, The Hookah and Sahara Smoke. There is no other site on the internet that has our product selection or depth of inventory. Because of our business model we have more variety and more in stock than anyone else online. I have attached some links that will help clarify any other confusion that I have not addressed: and .

Generally speaking, our order processing times are directly related to the order processing times of our vendors. On occasion, it is a result of our error usually due to stock levels of products and at current this is something that is unavoidable and must be dealt with on a case by case basis so we apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused to our customers. As a side note, our shipping times are 3-5 business days via FedEx or UPS and our processing time is 1-2 business days. If it takes more than a week to get your order it is either because there was a weekend, international order or an item was out of stock and we were waiting on a reply from the customer.

Gadfly, you will receive a PM shortly.