View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: Hippies, Narghiles & Beehives Oh My!

Coyotero, very neat link with lots of stuff I never heard about. It's amazing how much cool the beehive houses are in the summer. How something so simple can work so well is really amazing to me. I wonder why those types of buildings aren't all over the Middle East and Turkey?

L2S, thanks for the kind words although I am sure I have much wisdom since all the really big questions I leave to others. The travels I have can be fun mostly they are tedious but they are far better then hanging out in a cubicle.

The German hippies that owned the cafe were really nice people that obviously worked like crazy to build what they own and it's pretty amazing that they do what they do. I also liked talking with them about the Polisario War and life in La‚youne. I wish I had the chance to talk with them about why they left Germany since about the time they were getting out my family was trying to get in. I also wanted to see how they made the moassel they sold but I had no such luck.

Anyways, if you guys have any questions just let me know and i'll see what I can do.

Oh, a show about narghile stuff would be great but I can't imagine such a thing happening.