View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default I rescued my Narbish!

So, last week I set my brand new Narbish hose up on the tray when I put the hookah up for the night. I didn't realize there was still a tiny little smoldering coal among the ashes. When I woke up the next morning, the thread had been burned away and the plasic had melted into this huge black welt. Plus, it warped the handle so that it was bent. Luckily, it was still sealed.

Disappointed, I went ahead and put in an order for a couple of Nammor hoses and a spare KM hose to match my other hookah. While we were smoking last night, I got the idea that perhaps I could gently soften the Narbish handle with heat and bend it back into shape. I used my coal burner and slowly heated the handle until I could gently bend it. It worked perfectly.

Then, I got ambitious and thought, perhaps I could simply recover the handle with something and make it presentable again. Well, some super glue, double sided tape and fancy velvet thread later, I'd managed to rewrap both handles of the hose to near the same quality they arrived with. And, with colors I'm more fond of.

Here's the results:

I have to admit, I'm pretty pleased. And, because there's a custom sense to the hose, I feel a great deal more fond of it than I did before. I'm almost interested in seeking out the raw parts to build my own hoses from scratch!

So, what do you guys think?
This is my: