It is honestly best to not smoke at all after you have them removed. If you feel you absolutely must take very, VERY small puffs. Think a cigarette drag cut in 1/4. The act of sucking on things (ha, that sounded dirty!
) can cause a dry socket which hurt like a mad bastard. My recommendation is don't do it at all or in very small amounts. I only smoked cigarettes when I had mine removed and cut back from about 1 pack a day to 2 cigarettes and still had some mild issues.
As far as foods go, I survived on egg drop soup from the local chinese place.
Hope this helps!