View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Crown Hookahs
Send a message via AIM to Crown Hookahs
Default Re: Tangiers Smeel slike Jack??? WHA??

Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Hopefully foibled comes on to explain it in a really intricate post... but until then, Tangiers has a water content, and when it is imbalanced, it smells off. letting it sit out helps the tobacco balance itself with the surrounding atmospheric conditions, eradicating the off flavors.
Exactly. Some flavors absolutely hate to acclimate, they fight you and make you plan ahead to smoke. Some flavors love it. Kashmir Peach has NEVER needed to acclimate for me, neither has Blue Gumball, Kashmir Cherry, Mimon, Mint, Horchata, and probably a half dozen more. Clove, Vanilla, Green Apple Candy, require constant attention.

I know exactly what the OP is talking about concerning the alcohol smell to the Green Apple Candy, it smelled like green apple vodka or something weird like that. Honestly, if you get past the smell, and just smoke it, 99% of the time you'll like it. You just have to get used to packing a very dense amount of tobacco and using minimal heat, this is why I love japanese (not made in china) coals. Low, even amounts of heat for an hour or so.

For those that are having an extremely hard time acclimating, Eric actually recommended a few methods, the first is acclimate for 4 hours, seal for 20 hours. If that doesn't work, put it in the freezer for a few hours, pull it out and acclimate it. (I never thought I'd hear Eric tell me to put tobacco in the freezer, but hey, Hell has to drop a few degrees eventually.)