View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: The new hookah danger, high CO levels...

Originally Posted by Red_Pyramid View Post
I've been seeing this a lot, and after reading the article in the news section here I have to ask if this is just more falsified propaganda.

"The carbon monoxide content is much higher in hookah smokers than in cigarette smokers. A study comparing hookah smokers who smoked between 10-40 minutes and cigarette smokers and non smokers found that the concentration of carboxyhemoglobin (a degree of measuring carbon monoxide) in hookah smokers was 10.6% compared to cigarette smokers (6.5%) and non smokers (1.6%). The more carbon monoxide in the blood stream means less oxygen the various parts of your body will receive. This could very well correlate with the light headed feeling many hookah smokers claim to have after a session."

The only time I've gotten lightheaded was when I was building the tolerance toward the tobacco. For a while, when increased my smoking, I had gotten achyness/weakness in my legs and head pressure, but sure enough, that slowly started to go away and as far as I know you can't build a tolerance to CO like that. So what the hell man? is probably true, or an easier way to put it (we dont get oxygen in us when we inhale alot of smoke).
So the queston with this article is what you want to highlight with it...that hokkahsmkoing is more dangerous then ciggarettes? thats probably wrong anyway...
that carbon monoxide is lethal or in normal potions poisionus? wrong again...

but as a lot of things it can get poisionus for your body if you overdo it....
and it wasnt a chocker to me that we get alot more less air if we are sitting and chainsmoking for 3 hours in a row in a bad ventilated room....

the thing we should take care of about this article is that hookah smoking as all other good things should be taken in moderation....
and with responsebility....(as for how long you smoke?, how intense you smoke?, have you eaten before and have some water near?, hows the ventilation? breaks, hookah wont die away if you take a 5 min break every now and then? and so on....)

we should take care of every new article about hookah and look into them, surely not be afraid to give critics of course.
this way we will mature and be more responsibel in the way we smoke....

Watch and comment!