Originally Posted by mattathayde
ya thats probably going to be very bad for the microwave. its easier, safer and cheaper to just buy a coil burner. if you want to buy a used microwave to light coals then go for it but i wouldnt use a good one... i wold also have a fire extinguisher around
Coil burners light up plenty quick and are very cheap at Walgreens. I just forsee this ending badly if you use the microwave, sure it wont take 60 seconds, but using a coil burner is going to be signifigantly safer in the long run.