View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2009, 04:17 PM
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Golden Coals and CO

Originally Posted by Ossus View Post
Thats really good to know. I have never experienced the solid orange flame any time before lighting the coals (3 months), and I haven't experienced it at all today. Seems really strange to me.
This should tell you that the coals are fairly unrelated. If you have lit coals for a long time without this effect then it was likely another change that caused it.

Also, a side note. I don't think its the gas line because my hot water heater and furnace are on the same line and do not have the problem.
You said that it does not happen all the time which could mean it happens in those two appliances without you noticing.

I know its the coals because it can go from full blue to full orange the second I place the coal in the flame, and never go orange any other time.
If you have all burners on and start a coal will they all change? If so then it's not inside the lines. You are dealing with a blanket of low density gas sitting on top of the stove and changing the way it burns.

If you are only talking about where the flame contacts the coal then that is pretty standard.

My point was really that it's not CO traveling into the lines against the flow of gas.