View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hookah Guru
Default Just got my Tangiers Phunnel Bowl…a bit of a anti-climax

[FONT=Verdana]I just received my Small Tangiers phunnel bowl on Tuesday after a lot of research on forums and youtube. I went with the tangiers bowl because it seemed more versatile in types of shisha it could smoke and general popularity. I have no problems with the size of the small bowl as 20-30g of tobacco is the usual amount I smoke.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]After setting it up with some Al Fakher Peach my problem began. The foil kept on getting sucked into the phunnel despite my attempts to tighten the foil. The annoying thing is that I was following the instructions from various how-to videos including Patelbadboy2006. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]In the end I searched the forums for a solution and used a paperclip placed inside the phunnel to stop the foil touching the spire. I have now also made a tea light candle scalli mod as an alternative to the paperclip.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Looking at my phunnel bowl the spire itself it appears that it is not completely flat at the top and one side is higher than the other. This could explain the foil problem but I cannot say that for sure.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Overall for the amount paid it seems that the Tangiers phunnel bowl has more problems then benefits. It has me second guessing my choice to buy it or whether I should have gone with a vortex bowl. It certainly looks better then a vortex bowl in my opinion and it does retain the shisha’s flavour and is less mess at the end of a smoke. However with the problems I have had it does make the tangiers phunnel bowl an anti-climax. [/FONT]