View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Originally Posted by foibled View Post
There are a lot of misconceptions in this thread. Ed Hardy is not Sailor Jerry. Don Ed Hardy was a pupil of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins. The brand Ed Hardy is the work of Christian Audigier and is based on Ed Hardy's artwork. The Ed Hardy brand is licensed by the former Sultan Tobacco USA, which became Fantasia, for hookah and tobacco use. The tobacco is packaged (made?) by Starbuzz, and the hookahs are made by Inhale. The quality of the Ed Hardy hookahs is actually pretty good and among the best of the Chinese made hookah products. They are not just stickers, ie. the artwork on the case is actually embroidered.
I can't say I am surprised that Sultan is behind EH hookah stuff since they have been peddling Chinese made junk and horrid moassel like stuff for years. I understand that the EH tobacco is made by SB and that it is supposedly custom blended. I have no idea who this sailor person is or anyone else you mentioned but the designs i've seen on clothing and everything else for that mater seems very boring and pop culture like to me. Obviously a lot of people like but then again, no ever lost a buck under estimating the public's taste.