View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Wow, a suprising and welcomed discovery!

So when I ordered my first hookah I ordered from Thehookah.com. I purchased a hookah combo they had called the "Massyrian" a quite generic and simple hookah, with an egyptian stem and a syrian base.

I got my hookah, and I use it almost daily to this day (purchased last september).

All is fine and dandy yes?...no.

You see when I got my hookah I noticed a werid stamp on the tray, with arabic writing, I didn't think about it much. So I go back to Thehookah.com to see if they still sold the hookah I purchased...they did not. Threw up a small flag for me.

Long story short I did some searching and I found out what the brand symbol is: Magdy Zidan!!! I purchased a cheap generic hookah with a syrian vase and I got a Magdy Zidan stem in place of the stem I was expecting.

Let me show you the dif.

Here is a pic of the "Massyrian" Hookah I thought I was buying (no longer carried by thehookah.com)

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/the-massyrian-30

Now here is a picture of the hookah I got (Stem of the hookah I got the base in the massyrian pic is the base I recieved)

http://www.**********.com/product.sc...7&categoryId=9

So I guess I am a proud owner of a MZ hookah. I srsly love this hookah, it is my fave out of the 3 I have bc it is easiest to clean and set up and smokes just as good as any hookah out there. Pretty cool huh?

My only issue is with thehookah.com. I believe they may have gone out of stock of the stems for the massyrian hookah so they replaced it with a somewhat similar stem with the same value to them. Which is totally fine with me, but I did not recieve any email or anything from them. I'm not going to contact them either because I am very happy with the product, and theres no point now. But it would have been nice if they would have notified me at the time of purchase lol.

Last edited by Sui; January 25th, 2010 at 07:00 AM.