Thread: Sima Sultan
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Sima Sultan

I found the flavour I picked up at a little Turkish shop in Odense but I think that Sultan Sima is only sporadically found in Europa and not at all in the U.S. which is a shame since it's a pretty high quality brand.

I should say that Sultan Sima is not a traditional product in that they make lots of fruit flavours and are not actually unwashed. Rather, it's a modern style brand that is less processed then most so a good bit of the tobacco flavours remain. I think of it as more like Nakhla in that regard rather then a totally unwahsed product like DM.

As to DM the fact is that in the U.S. the only places it can be found are at hookah1.com and texashookah.com Both are good vendors although I tend to use hookah1.com more often since they also carry Salloum and have all of the DM flavours. Texas hookah would be the place I would go if I wanted to buy both DM and more mainstream products like SB/fantasia at the same time I was looking for DM. Since the price of DM is very low and it's the best moassel on the U.S. market I think that anyone interested in something more traditional really needs to just buy some.