View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:17 AM
Hookah Aficionado

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Opening up the hobby to people stupid enough to some gaudy piece of garbage to prove how trendy and mindless they are is not a good thing. Lots of people buy Chinese junk because they don't know any better or are trying save a buck. The difference between the mouth breathers that buy crunk pipes and the people that buy more mundane Chinese is that the latter may one day become interested in some aspect of the hobby that isn't insipid while the former will drop the whole thing when it's no longer hip.

Besides, a big part of the hobby is appreciating good company and the sort of person that likes Ed Hardy junk or the college hipster thinks crunk pipes "bees fo da mack daddies" can't make for good company.
Haha i don't disagree hajo but it is possible that some people just buy it because it's hip, but thats not far from why I started. Bunch of my friends said how good it was and we were hanging out once and they started it up i was intimidated at first but i gave it a shot and i've been hooked ever since. I know it's not exactly the same but you know its a possibility.