View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: Keep Your Reviews HONEST! and UNBIASED!

Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I think too that some people just tend to rate high, or rate low. It seems like in watching video reviews that a lot of people will give a 7 to something they describe as being average. This was the main reason I never did number ratings in the past.

In my latest video I decided to try a 1-5 scale. I think it's easier to use and understand.

1. Unbearable for whatever reason.
2. Has some decent qualities, maybe good smoke or whatever but lacks too much in other areas to be recommended.
3. Average. Not bad all around. Will definitely finish what I have, may or may not buy again.
4. Above average, will likely buy again.
5. Way above average, will definitely keep in stock.

Of course, it's all a matter of opinion in the end. People have different tastes and use different methods.
The 1-5 scale is all fine and well except that it doesn't say why exactly something is any given number or rate in any precise way how the reviewer weighs smoke quality/amount Vs. taste Vs. longevity Vs. smell or the overall value of the product. Take at look at my reviews and let me know what you think of the approach when you have a few minutes.