View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Keep Your Reviews HONEST! and UNBIASED!

I agree with Hajo about the reviews with multiple people in them. Such as the Nak Apple review TheGirlfriend put up. She didn't like it, but he did, and gave their seperate opinions. It's getting both sides of the coin. And when everyone likes it, it's even better.

When it comes to buying shisha and doing reviews, people are gonna buy what they like, and will rate it high because they like it. So many people will average high on reviews because they don't wanna risk their money on something they don't like.

My personal example, I bought a 250 of nak sweet melon based on the raving reviews, but for me, it just didn't take the cake.

EDIT: And I like seeing people put what flavors they have, or their favorites in their signature, so you can get an idea of what they like so you can compare their tastes to your own.

As for those who have been given free shisha in return for reviews, such as the current contest, I can see how people are reluctant to go too negative because they would feel ungrateful, but they have to realize the tobacco isn't a reflection on the vendor, not at all, but it's the fact that the vendor would go out of their way to provide the samples in the first place.

So even if you are honest, and don't like it, rate it accordingly. There may, and probably will be those who do like it, and rate it high, and the average is what speaks loudly. I've actually been thinking about going through the written reviews and averaging out each flavor. Might take a long time, but might be a big help.

Last edited by shawnwhyte; February 2nd, 2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Had more to add.