View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hookah Nut
Default At Wits End with quality, Am I missing something?

Three weeks ago I bought what I felt was an overpriced Chinese hookah that was of poor quality in my opinion. So I did my homework on these forums, reviewed vendors and found Hookah John's and a KM Pearl Red. I have been so excited this week for Friday to arrive when my new toy was patiently waiting at my front door. I unpacked my ******* Hookah Coals, my new tongs, my two new Narbisch Hoses (v1 & v3), the vase (fricking awesome) and then the stem. Holy crap, the stem looks like shit.

The closest I can compare the stem to looking like a plumber soldiered it together and then dropped it on the floor several times. Not to mention he forgot to nickel coat the seams where the welds/soldier are and the splattered soldier. It looks used, beat up, and something I could have made by hand myself (ok so maybe that is an exaggeration).

I need advice, honesty and some guidance since I am new to this arena. I understand hookahs are hand made but for $115 dollars I was expecting something of higher quality then my Chinese hookah. The Chinese hookah that now looks as good if not better then the KM Pearl Red quality wise (stem comparison only). Before I go complaining to Hookah John, I wanted some opinions from those that have done business with him and are current KM owners. Am I asking for too much based on the pictures below? I am just really disappointed and was expecting more quality then what I received. Help!

Do not get me wrong, John hooked me up with a free hose (Narbisch v1 with the possible leakage problems) and took the time to call me and review my order.