View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: At Wits End with quality, Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I own a lot of Syrians and none of them are soldered, none of them came with dents, none of them were plated but made out of solid brass and they all smoke in a way that can only be called fantastic. Actually Syrian style closed common cambers are traditional (in Syria, Iran and Lebanon) so from my rather extensive experience I don't agree with your assertions.
Um, you've got to be kidding me. You bring up all Syrians when I was specifically talking about AFs. AF hookahs, both first and second generation, are soldered and plated. If your "extensive experience" leads you to disagree with that, then your "extensive experience" is plagued by a lack of knowledge. KMs have the same design chambers as AFs. I don't care what you want to call it, traditional, closed & tubed, whatever, they are functionally the same.

Also, if you have any of your Syrians still, please take pictures of these so called welds. There are MAJOR differences between soldering and welding. I have yet to see or hear of any hookah that is welded and not soldered, Syrian or Egyptian. Just because people incorrectly call them welds does not make them so. Anybody with any knowledge of welding and brazing can easily tell the difference.