View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Hand made Syrian pipes vs KM's

Not to throw you off entirely, but you will still find many traditional chambers on Syrian rigs these days, but because of many reasons I'd like to blame on embargos, it is very hard to get a variety of these hookahs stateside. You basically are looking at Alfakher, nour, the occasional nawras, and a lot of chinese knockoffs posing as syrians.

Hajo does have it right, the tighter draw is slightly better, and we're not talking 13" pumpkin tight, just slightly tighter than wide open. This way the smoke has the ability to fill the space it has been given. Also, because of this, I seem to notice the flavor more with the denser smoke. As for the downstem, I would like to argue that its really not an issue with less smoke in the base at one time, because its a dynamic system, the smoke removed is immediately replaced from incoming smoke from the downstem, so I feel that it is not a major issue.