Thread: Not Recommended
View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:11 AM
Hookah Newbie
Unhappy Not Recommended

Hi guys,

First post apart from introduction of course as a newbie. Received some cracking advice so far from the site. Although did read on here a suggestion to buy from Al Mustafas on Edgware Rd in London. So I decided to give it a look as have been after a new large KM pipe which have been in short supply from UK websites.

What a waste of 2 hours driving! Arrived there, the shop is split into two shops, about 400m apart. The selection of pipes was not what I was expecting. Went in both and was quoted for any of the pipes in there between 120 and 300! Obviously tried barterring but could only manage to get the salesperson in both shops down to 95 from 120 for a pipe that would only cost 40. This is not a reflection of my barterring skills, have been to numerous countries around the world to hone my talent. I was assured the pipe in question was a KM, it wasn't. I even tried to show the seller my knowledge of pipes by pointing out a MYA, KM, various other Syrian Hookahs, thinking maybe they took me for a shisha tourist. No change. Even a small MYA Bambino, for instance, they tried to charge 100.

The whole experience was a waste of time. Unfortunately I can't find the original thread recommending this place but take it from me DON'T BOTHER.

On a brighter note have spoken to ********** and think I may have to pay the $60 shipping cost and purchase myself one of the KM 2010 beauts.

Sorry to start on a negative note but it annoyed me immensely,

Happy smoking