View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Most of you guys have the same opinion as me, there is nothing original there, i mean seriously, can you package shisha in something other than the same exact round tins.
"made from scratch in arlington", samb, i don't mean to call you out but i have heard some lies in this industry for the sake of marketing that make me chuckle, almost puke up a bit in my mouth.
i have some "insider" knowledge in this industry. don't quote this as fact as i get fed a ton of lies every day in this industry and unless you see something with your own eyes then don't believe it. social smoke used to be a huge account of SB. I think Texas' biggest. In fact years ago Social Smoke was supposed to be SB's exclusive online retailer however, that couldn't really be controlled by anyone as SB exploded and was available everywhere. Anyways, there was some sort of "falling out", don't know why or what but SB and SS are in some type of disagreement.
Now, enter SS shisha, how convenient. Same look, same feel, but for $1 less, wow, impressive. I wish them luck, really, I do, but they will need it against SB.
Something about SB you guys should know as a company. Forget whether you are a fan of their product or not. They DOMINATE the market compared to any new comer that has made any feeble attempt at copying them. Let's put Nakhla and Al Fakher aside as those are "classics" that have been around for way longer and were the only choices of shish 10 years ago for the most part. SB was selling shisha at double price before anyone could dare to do it. SB came up with all of these "exotic" flavors, great for marketing. SB OWNS California, just go into any smoke shop or any hookah lounge. Not only that, they OWN Michigan and New Jersey, 2 major Middle Eastern hookah smoking communities. Also, they have tried multiple attempts to challenge Starbuzz, not only in CA but on there own ground, like Skyzz or 360 or whatever. Even at half price, in their own state competitors can't come anywhere near SB status. There have been a ton of crap shisha to hit the market too. I don't want to name name since I know many of the players, ok, maybe a ja vu, number 5, cleopatra, the list can go on, I'll throw out a little hint here, as a consumer and as an industry person. If you want to compete you need to bring something better to the table, not just a copy and take off a couple of bucks.
You guys can check the thousands of posts I have made and you will never see me praising starbuzz. In fact, it's not even a big seller for me. In fact, I don't get any benefits from SB. And to prove it even more, if the owner of Starbuzz is reading I don't even like you that much But respect has to be given to innovators not replicators. Social Smoke, good luck to you, you will need it. And as far as it being 100% American made, I will bet anyone of them at SS $1000 that it's not, I will go to Texas and inspect the whole operation and report back, and if I'm a loser I will be out $1000 and apologize to SS.
OK time for some morning coffee.