View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Re: Coals going out?

Originally Posted by HookahWaffle View Post
First question : What kind of Coals ?

If Quicklights : lolwut? I've never seen a QL go out, try a new brand that isn't made of failure.

If Naturals :

Both Wood and Coconut natural coals will turn black on the side facing down, since that side has no oxygen coming over top of it as you're inhaling, just simply take the coals off and turn them over a few times during the session. Should solve your problem.

Also, with any kind of natural coal, if you leave it sit for too long without smoking off it, it wont completely "go out" but it may reach a point where its burning so slowly that you dont get anywhere near the required amount of heat from it, just dont leave the hookah sit that long.
Thanks for the tips.

They're Coconara coals. I definitely flip them a couple of times as I'm smoking. But that's really what's so perplexing. I don't leave them unsmoked for more than 1 - 2 minutes at a time, and that's on the long end of things. In fact, last night when they went out, there were two of us smoking. Two of the coals went out while we were smoking, the other one went ahead and burned all the way down even though we stopped smoking after the other two went out.