View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: is there any websites....

If there's one thing I've learned from HP you can't rely on member reviews.
Most people just give something a good review if they like it and a bad one if they don't. You should be reviewing the quality, thickness, smoothness of the smoke etc and also how consistent the flavour is with what is should be.

I see members taking off points for stems (I don't like stems either but if they're the small ones it's actually fine to smoke them. I pick them out just because but they're totally smokable).
I see members giving flavours very good ratings that don't even taste like what they're supposed to (obviously I'm talking about Double Apple here, I feel sorry for anyone who's ever tasted an apple like that).
I see members taking off points for the shisha being too wet or dyed, not really sure what that has to do with anything.

And the only way to do consistent unbiased reviews is to use the same coals, same hose etc.
Some people do reviews on a flavour and give it 7/10 then do a review on a coal and give it 5/10 then use that 5/10 coal to do another shisha review and complain that the shisha didn't smoke as thick or some other problems.
I think members should stick to a hookah, hose and coal for the purpose of reviews.