View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Re: Well it is handmade...

Originally Posted by Scarcity View Post
I challenge this logic. It's cold outside right now so global warming can't be happening, right? In fact I am willing to bet it will only get colder!
What I mean by this is that if you got a messy pipe, and all the ones surrounding you did too, would you still think this way? I understand what you mean though, I'm willing to guess there is a pretty decent amount of good pipes out there by KM that have a clean finish. My first hookah was an MZ and it was fantastic, the welds were nice and there wasn't a lot of excess solder.
I think Coyotero is right when he says that the quantity of production has an effect on KMs. I think that early on they were most likely pristine creations that many started to highly recommend and in a way, that made the quality fall.
Again don't interpret what I say with hostility, I'm chilin' pretty hard to make up for chilin' time I'll be missing at work
Edit: Also agree with what Ignited is saying, I'm willing to bet that the workers are just trying to make money.
No hostility read. Just a discussion.

I don't mean to imply that all KM's are great. I'm only challenging the notion that there are a really significant number of them that are of unacceptable quality. If I've been exposed to 75 KM's and all are an acceptable quality, that doesn't mean that all acceptable, but it's reasonable evidence to suggest that most are. That's kind of how our national polls are conducted.

And that's really all I'm saying. As a business owner, I know first hand that dissatisfied customers always talk the loudest. 100 satisfied customers are worth 1 dissatisfied one. And I'm suggesting that much of this thread could be an example of that principle.
This is my: