Thread: Smoke color
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hookah Aficionado
Default Re: Smoke color

Originally Posted by Memories View Post
i would imagine that better quality water, ie not tap water, would make a difference. There isn't huge amounts, but there is always things that don't get filtered all the way when using tap water. For example, i have a friend who has the worst tap water because it gets sulfur in it because of local contaminates, and the water literally tastes like rotten eggs. Unknowingly i started drinking it once.. terrible.
I think that boiling water and freezing it is a bit time consuming though.. but i go through 24 packs of water bottles every couple days, so i imagine that water would probably work better and i doubt i would notice the deficit of a few bottles.
I have heard alot of people say on these forums that glcyerin is a major contributor to the amount of smoke, so i don't see why it wouldn't also make a difference in slight smoke color variations.
He should call the dept of water and power... tap water is so crazy regulated it's supposed to be, and generally is, some of the cleanest water around. Bottled water on the other hand has almost no purity regulations.