View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hookah Aficionado
Default Re: A finer draw + thicker smoke..

Originally Posted by gnuworldorder View Post
well i was just assuming it was an ideal gas (which it isnt its actually a suspension) pv=nRT and nRT is constant so pv(thick hose)=pv(thin hose). so if you can get the same pressure on both hoses the volume would be the same which would mean it gets thicker. since the thinner hose has more resistance, it would mean the thicker hose would have less pressure and therefor need more volume to equal out.
It's actually a sol, but regardless. I'm unsure of why the gas las would be applicable here even, but assuming the pressure is the suction from your lungs than the volume would be same, but that is not true as the hoses are different containers an therefore hold different volumes as you have to apply more pressure through a smaller hose to get the volume. Don't think of it mathematically, you're pulling harder through a smaller hose which causes the same amount of smoke to condense through the smaller opening, increasing the density.
I have no idea if that made sense, it was mostly stream of thought writing so we'll see how it turns out.