View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Re: A finer draw + thicker smoke..

I'm not convinced that it actually means the smoke is more dense. I'm not sure that a narrow draw would actually produce that. If you had 30% oxygen and 70% smoke flowing through your hookah, narrowing the draw would not somehow increase the density of the smoke to say, 85%.

I suspect that it has more to do with a narrow draw forcing you to take your time as you inhale which means the flavor spends more time passing your tongue and hence, would seem to be more flavor. Because flavor in hookah smoke can be communicated with only a small amount of smoke. But More smoke doesn't usually mean more flavor. Think of it like french fries. Eating 8 french fries at a time doesn't make them taste more strongly like french fries. You can spread out the enjoyment of the french fry flavor by eating them one or two at a time. It's the same with hookah smoke. One full breath of smoke taken in 1 second, will produce the same flavor as a breath taken in four seconds, but inhaling slower spreads the flavor out.

Or, at least that's what I suspect the reason is. I personally use Coco tips on my Nammor hoses. The draw is about as close to perfect as I can get. Well, actually, the best draw I know of is a Narbish plugged up to my 24" Mya. Somehow the gauge between the two is just right.
This is my: