Thread: Q about hookah
View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Q about hookah

I recently flew out of Chicago's O'Hare Airport to Boston's Logan with a newly purchased hookah and shisha. Before going to the airport I made sure to have the hookah in its own bag and I treated it as my second peice of carry on luggage. When I got to security, I made sure to open up the bag and identify to security ahead of time that I was carrying a hookah and shisha. It then when through the x-ray and that was it.In your case you might be able to pack it as checked luggage, but I would not be suprised if your bag was selected for hand inspection. I would also caution against bringing shisha into the country. You run a *REAL* risk of having it seized by customs since it is technically a Agricultural Product, and then triggering additional screening. (Not Fun!)As for smoking inside... it depends. As MechEng says, its not like you will be arrested by the police. If you are staying in an apartment, then its not a huge problem if your roomates don't mind smoke. But this can cause problems if you are living in Dorms or in College provided housing since that tends to be *NO SMOKING. NO EXEPTIONS.*
34" Km Americana Trimetal, KM Jumbo Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Blue v3 Narbish, CH "Blue Lollipop" Tip
24" Solid Al Fakher, AF hose, MNH Phunnel
30" Solid Al Fakher, AF Hose, Vortex, Blue v3 Narbish, "The Circus" Crown Hookahs Tip
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip