Thread: New KM rust?
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: New KM rust?

Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
to the OP, KMs are over rated, maybe its because they used to be great and the quality has since gone down some. they are still good rigs but they QC on them leaves a lot to be desired, im not going to start ranting because it will probably lead to yet another argument on here etc etc etc. but i will say as an art student studying glass blowing and metalsmithing there are many basic flaws in the quality of my KM which all go back to being a lazy craftsman
I think it has lnothing to do with lazyness and everything to do with excessive workload considering KM's explosive worldwide popularity in the past few years. They produce a massive volume of pipes for a very low price considering the handmade nature of the product in question.

Let me ask you this: If you were to apply your skills at making a quality pipe with no aesthetic flaws, how much would you want to make from it? Consider that the KM company only makes around $20-$30 off each pipe, the rest of the cost is shipping, taxes/tariffs, and vendor costs.