View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Why to NOT buy a Chinese Knockoff Hookah.

I've always had great experiences with Myas, never a problem. My Mya gets abused like a trailer trash wife and it holds up somehow... the stem i gotta say is made like a fucking tank. It sits in it's own filthy water for up to 2 weeks at a time, and yet has not even begun to show signs of deterioration. Actually, as a matter of fact, it is sitting from 4 days ago in my room right now...

Myas are made in China, but they have a reputable name backing them and are built well (i've found in my experience). The Acrylic vases are most likely made in China as well, but the glass bases are made in Europe. But honestly that doesn't affect my feelings toward them, as one has never let me down, and i don't exactly have a high-end Mya.

And maybe that's it, right there. High end Myas are built just the same as Nomral Chinese Knock-offs, according to what people have said, so maybe you should all buy Acrylics and see if you agree with that. I know some of you have owned them and hated them, yet i don't know why. Mine is a tank, invincible, easy to clean. The only problem is the common chamber, but it isn't plated to i get an easy draw.

It's just in the eye of the beholder i suppose. But i didn't include Mya because they have always treated me right, and they are not a Knock-off brand, yet still are from China so in a way should not be purchased...