View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: Just ordered some DM

Originally Posted by PBRpunx14 View Post
1) how much do i have to buy (i know i can easily find this out on my own, but that's what forums are for). i'm talking price and mass here.
300 grams for about $6. It's as cheap as the dirt it resembles.

2) what is a first experience like. my girlfriend and i are used to AF. we get a blend locally called Tropic Thunder (i'm a little inebriated atm, so i can't think of the exact mix but i know it's orange, pineapple, something else tropical, and a hint of mint that makes it so smooth). basically, i introduced her to the "hookah culture," if you will, and i don't want to end up with a large brick of something she's going to hate and i end up smoking alone whenever she's at work and i'm for some reason not. i've tried everything we can buy locally (AF, al waha, some herbal blends that make me feel like i'm smoking mulch, Hookah Hookah shots which we found difficult to smoke at best, and starbuzz which has that glycerin feel that neither of us enjoy too much) and have settled on AF basically for flavor and smoothness. comparisons?
First Experience? Remember the first time you had sex? It's like that... Kinda awkward and strange and you're not entirely sure you're doing it right, but still wholesale awesome.

My first thoughts on trying it were that I wasn't doing it right. It takes about five minutes to warm up to smoking temperature. Even then it doesn't smoke a whole lot. Don't try to get big, milky AF-style clouds out of it.

As far as the flavor... It's floral (But not bad perfume floral), Spicy, earthy, natural... If I could sum it up in one word it would be "Exotic". My first thoughts is that this is what I always imagined Hookah would be like before I ever smoked hookah. The flavor conjures images of Bedouin Nomads puffing waterpipes in their opulent tents... I never imagined those guys smoking something flavored like grapes or a pineapple... I imagined them smoking something like this.

3) i guess this sort of part 2 of question 2. i know there will be a noticeable nicotine buzz difference between DM and AF. personal experiences? basically, am i going to pack a bowl of this and make her sick and never want a round 2
The buzz is nicely mellow. Treat it right, don't suck the stuff down like a hoover. Take a nice, long draw, then pass it. Don't hold the smoke in, and take breaks between puffs. Keep a drink near by and some fresh fruit (I like grapes or berries- The sugar helps your body process the nicotine.)

All of these things you really should be doing anyways, but it's more important with the high-octane stuff.

Use naturals and take your time and you'll do fine.

4) what kind of bowl is going to give me the best experience her? i have a large and small egyptian, but am thinking of trying out the phunnel or vortex in the very near future
I've used all of these bowls and I find myself going back to large egyptian more and more often. The phunnel works great but it tends to burn too easily. The Vortex seems to work great when my buddy comes over. If I owned one, it would probably be my preference.