View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:23 AM
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Originally Posted by Jride View Post
Everyone is bias is all I'm saying. So to make John look bad for that reason is dumb.

He did start a new forum, but so what? Why does hookahpro need to be the ultimate hookah forum above the rest? you already got 10,000+ members.. no other hookah forum comes even close to that. NOT EVEN CLOSE. You honestly have no competition when it comes to hookah forums. To me, that seems like one of the main reasons you guys are mad.
While I consider it against my better reasoning to discuss this here I will explain my views.

There are rules to keep this forum from being a pile of advertisement on behalf of the vendors trying to push their products on you.

We are not trying to be the biggest. Just the best and that means that we can not be controlled by whoever is willing to throw out the most money. The importance of the other forum was that he created it before there was any problem or possibility of a ban. He kept it hidden that he was the owner and creator and later stated that he started it when he saw his days here coming to an end. He was planning on booting from the beginning. The fact that the forum exists doesn't matter. I believe that the more places there are to enjoy our hobby the better.